Being a hospice volunteer is an amazing and rewarding experience!
Family LifeCare has several types of volunteer opportunities available – you can choose which area is best suited to you.
Areas which you can volunteer for are:
- Visiting patients – in their home, hospital or facilities
- Reading a book, newspaper, or the Bible
- Singing or listening to music
- Playing games
- Making memory books
- Performing light housekeeping or handyman duties
- Assisting with bereavement calls, cards, mailings or visits
- Assisting with office work
- Visiting patients with your pet
- 11th hour volunteer – sit with the patient and/or family during the last 24-72 hours of a patient’s life
- Veteran Valor Guard
- And many more opportunities
Volunteers are an essential part of our team to ensure that our patients and their families – our neighbors, friends, co-workers and community – receive comfort, dignity and respect.
Volunteering is a great way to learn more about yourself and more about others.
Volunteering is for all ages. Are you a student needing to obtain volunteer hours for scholarships, classes, or to enhance your resume? Are you a veteran who would like to give back to other veterans? Are you retired and want to do something for someone else? Do you have a few hours a month to help others?
In just a few hours of your time, you can brighten someone’s day by visiting or reading together or listening to music. Even if your patient does not feel like doing anything during your visit, simple things like holding their hand while they sleep can be comforting.
Family LifeCare is blessed to have many volunteers serving in various capacities. Most volunteers discover that it is fulfilling to know that they have helped a patient and their family.
We thank our volunteers for the time they spend providing comfort, compassion and respect to those we serve.
If you would like to join our fantastic team of volunteers, complete the volunteer application below. You may also contact Volunteer Coordinator, at 1-800-355-2817, to answer any questions you may have about volunteering or opportunities.