Dr. Edmond Bendaly, MD, FACP
Chief Medical Officer
- Hometown: Beirut, Lebanon
- Education: Dr. Bendaly earned his medical degree from the American University of Beirut in Lebanon. He completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine, followed by a fellowship in Palliative Medicine at Indiana University in Indianapolis. He later completed a fellowship in Hematology-Oncology at New York University in New York. Dr. Bendaly was the first fellow to graduate from Indiana University’s Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship program. During his fellowship, Dr. Bendaly also rotated on St. Vincent’s inpatient palliative unit. Dr. Bendaly has earned his FACP (Fellow of the American College of Physicians (ACP)).
- Employment: Hematologist and Medical Oncologist practicing at Marion General Hospital Cancer Center.
- Family: Married to Dr. Zeina Nabhan, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Indiana University School of Medicine; twin daughters, Andrea and Thea.
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Hobbies & Interests: Music, technology and travel.
Dr. Bendaly has been with Family LifeCare since 2009
Dr. Mark Meyer, MD
Associate Medical Director
- Hometown: Flora, Indiana
- Education: Dr. Meyer brings over 34 years of experience in Family Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, along with Hospice Medical Directorship. Dr. Meyer graduated from Indiana University and completed his family practice residency at IU Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. He then completed a fellowship in Geriatrics at Philadelphia Geriatric Center and Temple University in Philadelphia. During his Geriatric fellowship he practiced palliative medicine.
- Employment: Family Medicine Physician at Dukes Medical Group (part of Lutheran Hospital network).
- Family: Married to Kathy and they have three children: Adam, Mikayla, and Alex.
- Experience: Family Medicine, Geriatrics & Palliative Medicine, Hospice Medical Directorship
- Hobbies & Interests: Hunting, fishing, fly tying and lure making.
Dr. Meyer will begin with Family LifeCare on June 1, 2019
Dr. Carol Butler, MD
Assistant Medical Director
- Hometown: Wausau, Wisconsin. Moved to Bluffton, Indiana in 1971.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from Purdue University, MD from Indiana University, Pediatric Residency at IU/Riley Hospital.
- Employment: Pediatrician at Bluffton Medical Group, Bluffton, Indiana.
- Family: Married to David, a Biology teacher at Southern Wells; son, Adam works at the Allen County Jail; daughter, Robin, graduated from Butler University majoring in Biology and Education; she teaches 7th grade science at Lakeview Middle School in Warsaw.
- Board Certifications: Pediatrics; Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- Hobbies & Interests: Gardening, reading and cooking.
Dr. Butler has been with Family LifeCare since 2004