Meet Our Board Certified Physicians
Dr. Bernie Wiebe
Chief Medical Officer
- Hometown: Superb, Saskatchewan. Moved to Bluffton, Indiana in 1995.
- Education: University of Saskatchewan.
- Employment: Family Practice at Markle Medical Center and Chief Medical Officer, Family LifeCare.
- Family: Married to Marie (a Registered Nurse, who also worked in bereavement support at Family LifeCare prior to recently retiring); three daughters – Heidi (Wilson) Sosa Padilla, a dietitian; Sara Wiebe, a Registered Nurse; and Erica (Jake) Boehr, a hospice Social Worker; grandson Ethan Sosa Padilla, born May 2014.
- Board Certifications: Hospice & Palliative Medicine; Family Medicine, USA and Canada.
- Hobbies & Interests: Gardening and yard work, listening to music, playing guitar, photography, and cross country skiing.
Dr. Edmond Bendaly
Associate Medical Director
- Hometown: Beirut, Lebanon
- Education: American University of Beirut School of Medicine; Indiana University School of Medicine; New York University School of Medicine; Dr. Bendaly was the first fellow to graduate from Indiana University’s Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship program. During his fellowship, Dr. Bendaly also rotated on St. Vincent’s inpatient palliative unit.
- Employment: Hematologist and Medical Oncologist practicing at Marion General Hospital Cancer Center.
- Family: Married to Dr. Zeina Nabhan, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology; twin 7 year old daughters, Andrea and Thea.
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Hobbies & Interests: Music, technology and travel.
Dr. Carol Butler
Assistant Medical Director
- Hometown: Wausau, Wisconsin. Moved to Bluffton, Indiana in 1971.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from Purdue University, MD from Indiana University, Pediatric Residency at IU/Riley Hospital.
- Employment: Pediatrician at Caylor Nickel Clinic, Bluffton, Indiana.
- Family: Married to David, a Biology Teacher at Southern Wells; son, Adam in the National Guard, Honor Guard performing military rites at funerals and a YMCA Instructor; daughter, Robin, studying Biology Education at Butler University.
- Board Certifications: Pediatrics; Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- Hobbies & Interests: Gardening, reading and cooking.