Meet Our Board Certified Physicians
Dr. Bernie Wiebe, MD
Chief Medical Officer
- Hometown: Superb, Saskatchewan. Moved to Bluffton, Indiana in 1995.
- Education: University of Saskatchewan.
- Employment: Family Practice at Bluffton Medical Group, Bluffton, Indiana; and, Chief Medical Officer, Family LifeCare.
- Family: Married to Marie (a Registered Nurse, who also worked in bereavement support at Family LifeCare prior to recently retiring); three daughters – Heidi (Wilson) Sosa Padilla, a dietitian; Sara Wiebe, a Registered Nurse; and Erica (Jake) Boehr, a hospice Social Worker; grandson Ethan Sosa Padilla, born May 2014; granddaughter Charlotte Boehr, born June 2015; and, grandson Nicolas Sosa Padilla, born July 2016.
- Board Certifications: Hospice & Palliative Medicine; Family Medicine, USA and Canada.
- Hobbies & Interests: Gardening and yard work, music, guitar, and photography.
Dr. Edmond Bendaly, MD, FACP
Associate Medical Director
- Hometown: Beirut, Lebanon
- Education: American University of Beirut School of Medicine; Indiana University School of Medicine; New York University School of Medicine; Dr. Bendaly was the first fellow to graduate from Indiana University’s Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship program. During his fellowship, Dr. Bendaly also rotated on St. Vincent’s inpatient palliative unit. Dr. Bendaly has earned his FACP (Fellow of the American College of Physicians (ACP)).
- Employment: Hematologist and Medical Oncologist practicing at Marion General Hospital Cancer Center.
- Family: Married to Dr. Zeina Nabhan, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology; twin 9 year old daughters, Andrea and Thea.
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Hobbies & Interests: Music, technology and travel.
Dr. Carol Butler, MD
Assistant Medical Director
- Hometown: Wausau, Wisconsin. Moved to Bluffton, Indiana in 1971.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from Purdue University, MD from Indiana University, Pediatric Residency at IU/Riley Hospital.
- Employment: Pediatrician at Bluffton Medical Group, Bluffton, Indiana.
- Family: Married to David, a Biology teacher at Southern Wells; son, Adam in the National Guard, Honor Guard performing military rites at funerals; daughter, Robin, graduated from Butler University majoring in Biology & Education. Teaching 7th & 8th grade at Whitko Middle School.
- Board Certifications: Pediatrics; Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- Hobbies & Interests: Gardening, reading and cooking.